Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Season of Bags

I like to make handmade gifts for Christmas.  This year I made everyone at work a carry-all bag.  I picked two complementary fabrics and created what you see here.  I think the design turned out to be a real winner.  





The Grommet Bag is about 16 to 18 inches wide by 22 to 24 inches high.  2 yards of fabric and one pack of grommets can make 2 bags. 








I did some bags with wooden or plastic handles.  I have to say that these were way more difficult to make and I probably won't be making many more of these.






These were fun.  I thought the handles looked kind of like coffee beans to match the coffee theme.




Our office is all women except for one man so I had to figure out something more masculine.  I had a very old Guatemalan vest and used this to make him a laptop bag.  









No comments:

Post a Comment