Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rainy Saturday Project


I woke up to heavy rain yesterday and thought to myself- Yay, I can get some sewing done!  Usually in the spring, if it is good weather, I would feel obligated to do outside things but since it was raining I couldn't feel guilty about sewing indoors.  I had these bags planned for a while and they were ready for the machine.

I've mentioned that I love to recycle...these re-usable bags sport a recycle motif on the fabric and the interior of the bags were previously a garment bag that had ripped at the top and was not longer useful as such.














These 2 are going to friends in Oregon.
I try to send them a yearly gift.


Here are some pics of the detailing on the bags.  I used some quilting to highlight some of the sayings and it also served to hold the front and back material together.


 On the one with the front pocket I used a sail stitching that added a nice accent.


No comments:

Post a Comment